Some people think that by going vegan, they're automatically detoxing. That's not exactly the case. Granted, there are vegan detox programs you can follow, but you don't automatically detox when you go vegan. What you're actually doing is taking into consideration foods that can throw your body out of balance and cease consumption of them. When your body is out of balance it can cause oxidative stress, inflammation, and ultimately, disease.
Let's take a closer look at what it means to be vegan and a quick three-day plant-based detox plan. We’ll also give you some suggestions for other meals that can be used for vegan detoxing.
A plant-based diet is eaten by vegans. They don't eat animal foods like meat (including shellfish, fish, and insects), honey, eggs, or dairy. Animal-derived materials are also avoided. They also don't use animal-tested products or go to places that feature animal entertainment.
Let's look at some specific detox programs that are vegan. Keep in mind that if you commit to a vegan cleanse detox program, you're going to be using the bathroom a lot more than usual. You may seriously want to plan for this.
Three-Day Plant-Based Detox
All three days, have a smoothie for breakfast that consists of the following ingredients:
- Frozen Akai pack
- Medjool date
- Almond milk
- Chai seeds
Toppings for these smoothies can vary including spirulina and grated ginger; hemp seeds and pomegranate seeds; and blueberries and walnuts.
Lunch consists of salads. They can consist of raw, crunchy, shredded veggies; pickled and marinated veggies; and/or roasted vegetables just to change things up. Use leafy greens, different legumes, and lemon Dijon dressing.
- Day one: Roasted cauliflower, roasted squash, arugula, toasted pepitas, and lentils.
- Day two: Kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, radicchio, roasted bell peppers, and chickpeas.
- Day three: Shredded carrots, shredded jicama, kale, avocado, and black beans.
Though meat substitutes are plentiful, and some are even convincing, this will focus on dinners that are hearty and plant-based. These recipes use jackfruit, mushrooms, walnuts, tempeh, and chickpea flour. Recipes can be found online, but here are the ingredients you will use for your dinners.
- Day one: Socca with BBQ tempeh – Chickpea flour, tempeh, cilantro, avocado, barbecue sauce, and red onion.
- Day two: Walnut mushroom bolognese – Mushrooms, walnuts, marinara, brown rice spaghetti, chili flakes, and garlic.
- Day three: Korean jackfruit tacos – Jackfruit, grain-free tortillas, chili flakes, coconut aminos, kimchi, and cabbage.
Meals for Extended Detox (Seven Days)
While we are not going to go through the entire seven-day vegan detox plan, here are some of the meals you can enjoy while performing the detox. Some you may find surprising! Again, specific recipes can be found online through a quick and easy search. Just enter the name of the dish into your search engine (Google, for example):
- Vegan pancakes
- Spaghetti squash with tomato basil sauce
- Roasted veggie brown rice Buddha bowl
- Quinoa and chia oatmeal
- Falafel burger
- Edamame and veggie rice bowl
- Vegetarian black bean soup
- Citrus lime tofu salad
- Chia berry jam and peanut butter English muffin
- Vegan mushroom stroganoff
- Roasted veggie Mason jar salad
- Green smoothie
When You're Looking for High-Quality Organic Foods, Shop Tierra Farm
Are you in pursuit of keeping your system cleaner, are you in search of organic foods like coffees, seeds, dried fruits, nuts, and more? If so, you've come to the right place. At Tierra Farm, we carry gluten-free products, we are solar-powered, and our facility is peanut-free. Shop with us now!